It’s no secret that we at statdash love to eat chicken. Chicken sandwiches, chicken burritos, salads with grilled chicken for lunch. We especially love chicken soup. Even if it’s summer time, there is almost nothing better than a bowl of salty chicken soup with a lot of noodles and carrots. Like the soup at the Second Avenue Deli, or the soup at Lansky’s.
We love chicken so much, that we had no choice but to incorporate it into the statdash brand. And tip our hats to Mom, who created and nurtured this love of chicken. Plus, Mom knows best, and if she says to use statdash, then you should probably listen.
Mom, in fact, makes a great chicken soup. Has for years and years, from Grandma’s recipe. The great flavor comes from the necks. It is our firm belief that a bowl of chicken soup heals all sicknesses.
Here are ten interesting facts you probably didn’t know about chicken:
- In 1989, there was a short-lived comedy on ABC called Chicken Soup starring Jackie Mason. Only 8 episodes aired before it was canceled. We totally remember that show.
- Americans consume about 8 billion chickens per year. The statdash team probably consumes about 5 billion of the 8 billion.
- There are four places in the United States with the word “chicken” in their name. Chicken, Alaska; Chicken Bristle, in Illinois and Kentucky; and Chicken Town, Pennsylvania.
- Gainesville, GA is considered the chicken capital of the world, with the most poultry processing plants.
- There are more chickens on the planet Earth then there are people.
- Alektorophobia is the fear of chickens.
- More than 1/2 of the chicken noodle soup sold in the U.S. is sold during the cold and flu season.
- The chickens you find in grocery stores are 5 – 8 weeks old.
- There are over 150 varieties of domestic chickens.
- Chickens can swim.
Posted at 6:37 pm on May 19th, 2011